Then check out the TMS 10 Top Tips to help you keep your career goals on track
We all have best intentions when it comes to setting our career goals, but are you still on track with yours?
Have you completely forgotten what they were and not sure where to pick up from?
Have no fear, TMS are here - Check out our 10 top tips that will keep you from falling off your career wagon.
1. Make a list of non negotiable goals for your career. By having these clear in your mind it will help you make decisions when you’re faced with an opportunity or career decision. Will it help you get where you want to be?
2. On the flip side, know what you don’t want. Don’t want to be in sales? Don’t want to go into management? No drama, at least you now have a clearer idea of what you do want.
3. Build your network. We’ve all said it before, ‘it’s a small world’ and it is. Your network can play an important part of you reaching your goals and don’t be afraid to use them. Sometimes it’s not what you know it’s who you know.
4. Learn to take criticism. Some of us find it hard not to take it personally but it’s the criticism we receive that will help us improve. Don’t get defensive and learn to accept it and try to work on it to improve.
5. Push your limits - Sometimes we don’t know what we’re capable of until we push ourselves. Never done public speaking? Give it a go, you may discover your hidden talent.
6. Get to know what your weaknesses are and how you can either improve them or manage them. We can’t all be great at everything.
7. Find a 'to do list' system that works well for you and helps you manage your workload.There are multiple tools available to us to try out, although sometimes you can’t beat a good pen and paper.
8. Take the time to invest in yourself to add to your skills and knowledge. Whether it be short or long courses, regular webinars or training within your company. It’s important to keep on learning throughout your career.
9. Learn how to manage stress. Stress gets to everyone but it’s imperative to know how to handle it as it can affect your career as well as your home life. Find a system that works for you to relieve the stress and help you get on with the rest of your day.
10. Create a portfolio of your best work and keep adding to it. It may be things that have been successful in your role or things that you’re personally proud of. It's good to see where you’ve had success and it reiterates your strengths.
Copyright ©2017, TMS Asia Pacific. All Rights Reserved.Powered by Talenetic Job Board Software